I’ve always loved being able to share goals on my blog. It seems to be a clean, organized place to list them and then fun to come back and share the details in a longer post. Here are a few things on my calendar this month.
- Find two, new, go-to recipes (low-carb preferred). If you’re anything like me, the last few weeks have been non-inspiring in the meal planning department. This week I literally made oatmeal for dinner one night. And ordered in pizza the next. I’m so sorry. Couldn’t be sorrier. I’m know there have been some serious marks against my “homemaker of the year award” application.
- Host my sweet friend Amy for a long weekend here in Birmingham! Amy and I met on a Jane Austen tour in London almost 8 years ago, we were fast friends and although we don’t see each other often, she’s one of those rare people that you can pick back up where you left off. Plus, she’s a gifted designer and I love talking high-fashion and trend pet-peeves with. I can’t wait to see her!
- Plan the perfect summer picnic for my boys! Complete with tasty sandwiches, lemonade and ants.
- Find and hang art in Hugo’s nursery. I can’t decide if I want photos, or traditional art or if I should do a gallery (I already have a gallery wall in my living room and don’t want to overdo it…)
- See Ellie Holcomb in concert! I missed an concert of hers earlier this year, and although Josh is not a concert going kinda guy, he was down for this one (I, on the other hand, LOVE live music and would watch almost any band perform). She is so very talented and her latest, “Red Sea Road”, is really really good. She’s coming to Birmingham in a few weeks and I’m we have the evening open!
What are your August goals?